How to Prepare for your Telehealth Appointment
We are utilizing Zoom as our telemedicine platform. We have a business version of Zoom that is HIPAA compliant and secure. You can utilize Zoom on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. We recommend you install the Zoom app prior to your appointment.
You can visit our zoom website (https://allergyalaska.zoom.us/test) to ensure everything works properly prior to your appointment. You will need to enable both audio and video capability for this appointment. For your smartphone or tablet, this may mean giving Zoom permission to utilize your device’s microphone and camera. On a desktop or laptop computer you may need to go into the security settings for speakers and camera to allow Zoom to use them.
Helpful Tips for Your Telehealth Appointment
1. If the medical visit is for a minor, a parent must be present during the visit.
2. Please try to set up in a quiet, well-lit space. A bright window or bright light behind or above you may make it difficult to visualize you optimally.
3. A nurse or medical assistant from our office will contact you over the phone prior to your appointment to update your medical information. They will also obtain some vital sign measurements. If you are able to obtain your own temperature, blood pressure, heart rate, height and weight prior to the appointment it would be very helpful. We can help you with this during the phone call prior to your Zoom appointment if needed. If you have asthma and you track your own peak flow measurements, please have those available to discuss.
4. Please have a list available of your current medications. Also check to see if you need a refill on any medications that our office usually prescribes for you.
5. Please know the name of your primary care provider and your pharmacy.
6. If you are an established patient and have new labs, x-ray reports, or other items you would like to discuss with your provider, please try to send those to our office ahead of time so we may review them. Have them available during the appointment also.
7. Please contact our office if you are having trouble preparing for your appointment.